The ECA Leadership Program
The ECA Leadership Program is a self-directed leadership course, uniquely designed for Australian early childhood educators. It has been developed by Early Childhood Australia in consultation with sector leaders over several years.
The program offers the sector's first national Leadership Capability Framework: it's suitable for experienced and aspiring early childhood leaders.
In choosing the ECA Leadership Program, you get exclusive access to quality-assured materials, including:
A Leadership Program folder sent to your door, which contains:
- The hard-copy Leadership Capabilities Framework
- A 'how-to' guide, with suggestions on making the most of the Framework
- Mapping document for the National Quality, and
- Mapping document for the Australian Professional Standards for Teaching.
And exclusive access to:
- 7 interactive online learning modules
- 4 on-demand topical webinars
- A Leadership Program website, with specially curated content, an online leadership forum, a closed Facebook group and the chance to network with other leaders across the sector, and
- The opportunity for tailored feedback from respected sector leaders.
Upon purchasing the ECA Leadership Program, your welcome email will contain information on setting up an account to access the online learning modules and begin module 1.
You will also receive registration information for the Leadership Program website and hard copy Leadership Program folder.
At the completion of this course you will:
- be building a shared understanding of what leadership means to the early learning and care sector
- developing a common leadership language for our sector
- reflect on leadership in your individual setting
- create an individual Leadership Development Plan based on ISMART goals, and
- have an improved understanding of early years capabilities as they relate to pedagogy, assessment, documentation, learning relationships with family and community, governance and management and more.
About the author
Early Childhood Australia (ECA) acknowledges the many contributors from the early learning and care sector that have provided their experience and research knowledge to take this Leadership Program from its beginning through to its fruition.
ECA is the peak, independent, non-profit, early childhood advocacy organisation in Australia. We have been a voice for young children (birth to 8 years) since 1938.
This ECA Leadership course has been designed by early childhood experts and quality-assured by early childhood practising leaders and is suitable for both aspiring and experienced educators. It has been specifically created as a strengths-based, self-directed short course suitable for leaders in diverse settings.
What you'll get
Upon purchasing the ECA Leadership Program, you will get exclusive access to:
- 7 online Leadership modules
- Leadership Program folder, containing:
- The ECA Leadership framework
- A 'how-to' guide
- Mapping document for the NQS, and
- Mapping document for the AITSL teaching standards
- Premium content on the ECA Leadership Program website, including:
- A leadership forum
- Exclusive content, including 4 on-demand webinars and leadership resources, and
- The opportunity to receive feedback on your professional development plan from leaders within the sector
Once you've completed the modules, you'll be able to download and save certificates of completion. Upon completion of all seven modules, you will receive a Leadership Program certificate from Early Childhood Australia.
The Leadership Program is a self-directed, short-course program designed for busy working early childhood professionals. We recommend completing the program within 3 months.
The module component of the program is 7 hours, and this can be paused and returned to at any time.
$499.00 (AUD) per subscription