Webinar - Emotion Coaching - a transformational tool
This webinar explores the five steps of emotion coaching: emotional awareness, connecting, listening, naming emotions and finding good solutions. When used effectively, emotion coaching can be used by educators and other professionals working with young children to build trusting and respectful relationships.
Following the completion of this webinar you will
- understand the steps and approaches to emotion coaching
- be able to draw on and use emotion coaching techniques in various situations
- be able to use moments of negative behavior as opportunities for teaching
- be able to assist children to identify and self-regulate their emotions
- understand how emotion coaching can assist children to problem solve and find good solutions, and
- build trusting and respectful relationships with children.
What you'll get
Once you've finished the module, you'll be able to download and save a certificate of completion.
About the author
Beth Macgregor is a psychologist who began her career in 1993 as a child protection caseworker. She has delivered training in child protection, domestic violence, child development, attachment, infant mental health, neuroscience, trauma, parenting, early childhood sleep, working effectively with vulnerable families, life story work, foster care, counselling, motivational interviewing and conflict resolution.
She has worked with psychologists, social workers, counsellors, welfare professionals, occupational therapists, mental health specialists, foster carers, doctors, nurses, teachers and early childhood educators from a wide range of government and non-government services.
Suitable for early childhood education and care workers at all stages of their careers.
If you wish to purchase an annual subscription (group or individual) for ongoing access to all our learning modules, please visit the ECA shop or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a tailored quote.
$25.00 (AUD) per subscription